Virtual Attendee Guide: Tools & Tips
Before attending the virtual portion of the 2021 ASHT Hybrid Annual Meeting, be sure to read these tools and tips to get the most out of your experience. ASHT has partnered with Falcon Events to deliver a virtual platform for the 2021 ASHT Hybrid Annual Meeting.
Join us LIVE from St. Louis by tuning into the Plenary & Scientific Session Live Stream!
Virtual attendees can view the plenary and scientific sessions through our live stream broadcast. Check out the virtual attendee live stream broadcast schedule here. The live stream is scheduled to take place in the CDT time zone. If you can't make the live stream, don't worry, we have you covered! All instructional sessions (including these live stream sessions) will be available in the all-virtual format, including on-demand videos, presentation slides, and materials beginning October 18, 2021, through September 27, 2022.
Pre-Conferences will be available within the virtual meeting platform beginning October 18, 2021. These are ticketed courses and will only be made available to those who purchased individual pre-conferences during registration.
Equipment and Materials
Test Your Equipment in Advance
- Please test and check your system at least 15 minutes prior to any live broadcast plenary session. This includes your network connection, device battery life and speakers.
- We recommend you use a computer or a tablet for the best experience. The virtual meeting platform is not responsive on a cellular phone.
- We recommend using Google Chrome or Firefox web browsers. You might experience some limitations using other browsers.
Control Your Environment as Best You Can
- Mute other devices that might interfere with your computer audio.
- Create a learning-conducive environment, eliminating as many distractions as possible. Close out of other tabs and mute notifications, if possible.
- Prepare your space with anything you may need during the virtual program (appropriate chargers, note-taking materials, water, etc.).
Troubleshooting Technical Difficulties
- The webinar technology runs on higher bandwidth. Please know that some WiFi connections may be spotty.
- Some networks cause slides to advance more slowly than others. If your slides are behind or you are having audio issues, please try to refresh your page.
- If you have any problems within the Falcon platform, please email the Falcon support team: email@example.com.
Engagement Through the Chat Feature
- Take note of how the presenter intends to utilize the chat feature as well as the Q&A field.
- To stay engaged within the session, please participate in the Live Q&A and polling.
- Questions for the presenters can be submitted through the Q&A function or within the chat box. Engaging in the chat box is a great way to connect with session presenters and other attendees.
Make the most of the virtual portion of the ASHT's 2021 HYBRID ANNUAL MEETING
- Within the platform, be sure to explore all areas of the conference, including the Exhibit Hall, On-Demand instructional sessions, e-Posters, oral abstract presentations and the Remo Virtual Networking Platform.
Need technical help with the Falcon Platform or have a general conference question during the event? Email the support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.