Virtual Attendee Guide: Tools & Tips
Equipment and Materials
Test Your Equipment in Advance
- Please test and check your system at least 15 minutes prior to any live broadcast plenary session. This includes your network connection, device battery life and speakers.
- We recommend you use a computer or a tablet for the best experience. The virtual meeting platform is not responsive on a cellular phone.
- We recommend using Google Chrome or Firefox web browsers. You might experience some limitations using other browsers.
Control Your Environment as Best You Can
- Mute other devices that might interfere with your computer audio.
- Create a learning-conducive environment, eliminating as many distractions as possible. Close out of other tabs and mute notifications, if possible.
- Prepare your space with anything you may need during the virtual program (appropriate chargers, note-taking materials, water, etc.).
Troubleshooting Technical Difficulties
- The webinar technology runs on higher bandwidth. Please know that some WiFi connections may be spotty.
- Some networks cause slides to advance more slowly than others. If your slides are behind or you are having audio issues, please try to refresh your page.
- If you have any problems within the Falcon platform, please email the Falcon support team: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Engagement Through the Chat Feature
- Take note of how the presenter intends to utilize the chat feature as well as the Q&A field.
- To stay engaged within the session, please participate in the Live Q&A and polling.
- Questions for the presenters can be submitted through the Q&A function or within the chat box. Engaging in the chat box is a great way to connect with session presenters and other attendees.
Make the most of the virtual portion of the ASHT's 2021 HYBRID ANNUAL MEETING
- Within the platform, be sure to explore all areas of the conference, including the Exhibit Hall, On-Demand instructional sessions, e-Posters, oral abstract presentations and the Remo Virtual Networking Platform.
Need technical help with the Falcon Platform or have a general conference question during the event? Email the support team at email@example.com.