Grab a Bite and Build Your Network | 2:00 - 3:00PM
Are you looking for somewhere to enjoy your lunch and network with other therapists? Do you associate yourself with a specialty within hand therapy? Grab your box lunch and head over to spend time with us! This casual meet-up is for any attendee interested in networking and finding other therapists who practice in a sub-specialty of hand therapy. Whether you are into pediatrics, lymphedema, rehabilitating the injured worker, or looking to network, this is the place for you! Come ready to communicate with ASHT board members and staff to find out how ASHT can create programming to support your passion.
International Invited Lecturer Luncheon: Hand Therapy Volunteerism in the Time of Pandemic | 1:30 - 3:00PM
This session will present an overview of my hand therapy volunteer experiences in Peru, Bolivia, and Ghana. It will describe strategies to connect with sponsoring organizations and ways to apply for endowments or other financial support to buffer the cost of these trips. Recommendations will be provided for maximizing personal and professional success in potentially challenging and unfamiliar situations. This session will also propose ways we can continue to “volunteer” internationally without traveling until pandemic-related travel restrictions are lifted.
- Name three sources of information re hand therapy volunteer opportunities
- List two ideas for helping promote hand therapy services and education internationally despite pandemic-related travel restrictions
- Identify three recommendations for maximizing a productive and compatible volunteer experience
Research "Speed Dating" | 2:00 - 3:00PM
University researchers and Clinicians interested in research will meet up in this fun interactive session! We will have 5-10 research booths in a room where clinicians may casually meet with researchers to learn more about their research agenda and ideas. Likewise, the researchers will learn about the clinicians’ research ideas. Furthermore, this session will also be an opportunity for established researchers to connect with one another. This will be a networking session specifically designed to facilitate collaborative research relationships. | Click the researcher's name below to schedule your 1:1 meeting!
- The participants will be able to describe 4 research projects currently in progress that involve upper extremity pathology or prevention of injury
- The participant will be able to discuss future ideas and concepts relevant to hand and upper extremity rehabilitation that may lend themselves to in depth research
- The learner will connect to like minded individuals for interpretation of research concepts and development of new research ideas