Leadership Through Volunteerism…Stewards of Service | 12:30 - 2:00PM
Have you ever wanted to get involved in something, but you didn't know where to start? Whom do I speak to about getting involved? Where do my strengths fit to serve the organization best? This session will give you the " how " to begin your volunteer journey within the ASHT organization. We will explore the many volunteer and leadership opportunities within the organization and "how" to serve on a committee that meets your needs and best serves the organization.
- The attendee will identify and understand ASHT's governing structure and leadership roles.
- The attendee will demonstrate the ability to navigate the ASHT website to seek volunteer opportunities within the organization.
- The attendee will be able to identify ASHT resources for leadership development and growth.
- The attendee will identify their leadership style and where their skills best serve the organization.
Mentor Mixer | 1:00 - 2:00PM
This is a proposal to have a Mentor Mixer Lunch for the 2021 ASHT Annual Meeting. If in person, we would have a scheduled mixer during lunch for mentor/mentee pairs to network and to offer support and resources for mentoring pairs. This lunch would also be open to potential mentors/mentees to attend.
- To offer a face to face meeting of mentor/mentee pairs
- To offer resources for pairs in order to expand on their professional connection.
- To check in with pairs and receive feedback about the Mentoring Program.
Preparing for the CHT Exam – Presented by HTCC | 12:30 - 1:30PM
This session will describe detailed statistics regarding the Hand Therapy Certification Examination, examination procedure and analysis, along with insights from new CHTs about their successful preparation strategies.
- Identify trends in OT/PT credentialing for the CHT.
- Identify composition of test by content.
- Identify two successful strategies to study for the CHT Exam.
- Identify CHT Exam procedures for the day of the test.