Check Symptoms with CDC Self Checker
Attendees will not be required to formally attest that they do not have symptoms; however, they are asked to self-screen daily using guidelines provided by the CDC or the CDC Coronavirus Self-Checker.
COVID-19 Update: 8/20/21
A message from ASHT President Rachel Pigott, OTR/L, CHT
ASHT has been diligent in addressing the COVID-19 pandemic. That is why last year at the upswing of the pandemic, we moved the annual conference to an all-virtual format. For 2021, we anticipated the pandemic would be in a state of flux and therefore planned for a hybrid meeting that would allow for maximum flexibility and for an adjustment to an all-virtual format as conditions in the nation and in St. Louis change.
We are continuing to monitor and adjust our plans as the situation requires. The Delta variant and the current uptick in the prevalence of disease, as well as its capacity for ease of transmission, are particular factors that we need to respond to. As you know, we are now seeing a pandemic primarily among people who are not yet vaccinated.
On behalf of the ASHT Board of Directors, I want to assure you that we are making every effort to host an in-person event guided by the best available information on how to protect our attendees’ health, safety and welfare. As such, based on the latest CDC recommendations and in line with guidelines from local authorities in St. Louis, we have updated our requirements for participating as follows:
- Masking: Facial mask wearing required for all indoor activities at the Annual Meeting. This requirement is for both vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals.
- Vaccination: ASHT recommends and encourages all attendees be full vaccinated to protect themselves and others from COVID-19.
- Capacity: We are proceeding with the conference (capped at 400 attendees), as neither the state of Missouri nor the CDC have issued stay-at-home/lockdown or reduced capacity recommendations.
All participants will be provided a notice of event expectations regarding masking, vaccinations and other safety measure precautions in advance of the conference.
We look forward to gathering with you in October, and we are relying on attendees to help ensure our professional values of health and safety are implemented at the highest level. Registration for the conference is robust, so we know that our members, too, are eager to once again convene with fellow hand and upper extremity therapists to connect and learn from one another.
- Attendees should closely monitor all travel alerts issued by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
- Attendees are encouraged to monitor the CDC website for additional information, and review and follow the WHO’s Travel Advice, as well as its recommendations for protecting themselves from an infection.
- Attendees should check their individual airlines for specific cancellation / refund policies. ASHT will not be responsible for any airline cancellation or change fees should you be unable to attend for any reason.
- All attendees should check themselves for symptoms before starting travel.
Registration Cancelation / Refund Policy
To cancel your registration and receive a refund, a written request must be received in the ASHT office on or before September 6, 2021. Cancellation requests received by this date will receive a refund less a $50 processing fee. Should a government advisory or any other decision by the host hotel or ASHT prevent this meeting from taking place in-person, your registration fee will be refunded in full. Please note that Coronavirus (COVID-19) refund requests made after September 6, 2021 will not be honored unless there is a government advisory prohibiting your attendance at the meeting. Attendees should check their individual airlines for specific cancellation/refund policies. ASHT will not be responsible for any airline cancellation or change fees. There will be no refunds issued for requests received after September 6, 2021. Please forward written requests to Suzanne Thibeault at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ASHT is committed to implementing conscious and intentional processes to promote healthy best practices within our meeting environment.
- This is a handshake-free zone and social distancing requirements are in effect. Marriot's Commitment to Clean.
- Masks will be required for attendees both inside the hotel, in the meeting/convention space and outdoors. Masks will be provided for any attendee who needs one.
- There will be no onsite registration. Only pre-registered attendees will be permitted.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the conference and common areas.
- Larger aisles with dedicated directional travel lanes in the conference area. This will control the traffic pattern and over-crowding in certain areas.
- Conference sessions will be set up to allow for 3-feet space between chairs. Rearranging of seating is prohibited.
- Food and beverage activities will also be provided in a contactless manner (i.e. attendant serviced stations, no self-serve buffets, pre-packaged silverware).