Course Evaluations & Continuing Education In-Person Attendees
Please see the information below regarding the updated session evaluation and CE process information for ASHT's 2021 Hybrid Annual Meeting.
How to Access the Course Evaluation: In-Person Attendees
Through the link below, in-person attendees can evaluate sessions participated in, claim credit for those sessions, and submit overall conference feedback. Once you evaluate all sessions you wish to claim credit for, you can print a certificate. You may only print one certificate. The year you print your certificate will be the year your credits are earned.
The username to access the CE portal is the email address used during registration and password ASHT.
In-person attendees are entitled to a max of 24 credits for sessions and events. Credit cannot be doubly awarded for sessions taking place concurrently. Four (4) additional credits are available to those who purchased tickets for and attended Pre-Conference Institutes, equaling 28 total credits.
PLEASE NOTE: All in-person attendees will be able to access the ASHT Hybrid Annual Meeting platform to watch available courses for viewing pleasure only. These sessions cannot be evaluated for additional credit.
Kindly be informed the online event platform will close on September 27, 2022. Please ensure all desired courses are watched prior to this closing date.
The American Society of Hand Therapists is an approved provider of continuing education by the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA). The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products or clinical procedures by the AOTA.
The New York State Education Department of Physical Therapy recognizes ASHT as an approved provider of PT and PTA continuing education.
Continuing education requirements are regulated by the state boards of physical therapy. Each state licensing board has its own policies and procedures related to continuing education of its licensees. State boards of physical therapy place the responsibility on licensees to follow rules and regulations related to the practice of physical therapy and maintenance of licensure in their states. Licensees should verify acceptance of continuing education courses with their state licensing board by reviewing the relevant state practice act and/or administrative code.
Should you use the ASHT Virtual Annual Meeting in your state physical therapy recertification process, ASHT will reimburse up to $200** of the cost of the application. Please send ASHT a copy of your state physical therapy continuing education application to receive this reimbursement. Additionally, ASHT will supply on request, a continuing education packet containing all generally accepted required documentation. Please contact ASHT at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 856-380-6856 for more information.
**This reimbursement applies only to the first person to apply within each state. Subsequent applicants will not be charged by their state for filing.
PLEASE NOTE: State accrediting agencies may change the number of contact hours awarded for an independent study course.
Continuing Educational Credit:
CERTIFIED HAND THERAPISTS
All content of this course is accepted as Category A credit toward recertification by the Hand Therapy Certification Commission.
To enter the professional development hours you have earned for the ASHT Annual Meeting:
- Go to the HTCC website, www.htcc.org.
- On the HTCC homepage, under the Recognized Specialist in Hand Therapy banner (upper right corner), click CHTs Login Here.
- Enter your CHT ID# and your password in the login field (this may be your CHT number again or a password you created) and click Enter. Your CHT ID# will always be used in the login field. Your CHT ID# is 10 digits long.
- Once logged in to “CHTs Only,” click “Enter Professional Development Hours” and then click “Category A: Formal Courses in Upper Quarter Therapy, Greater Than 3 Hours.”
- Enter your Professional Development hours onto the form and then scroll to bottom of page and click “Submit” to capture your information.
- Email or fax the certificate to HTCC at 866-329-1476 toll free, (international attendees 916-922-0210) or email your certificate to email@example.com. If you have any questions, please contact HTCC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The American Society of Hand Therapists is recognized by the Board of Certification, Inc. to offer continuing education for Certified Athletic Trainers.
Attendees will have up to one year to complete the CE transcript. Questions can be directed to Suzanne Thibeault at email@example.com.
- Have paid the registration fee.
- Attend their chosen sessions in their entirety.
- Complete an online evaluation form. CE certificates will be available immediately upon submission of evaluation form. Attendees should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
All contributors who can affect American Society of Hand Therapists continuing education content (including leadership, program committee, faculty members, moderators and staff), in their respective roles, are required to disclose all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest that could be viewed as a real or perceived conflict of interest. This policy is in effect to maintain adherence with the conflict of interest guidelines set by American Occupational Therapy Association Approved Provider Program, the Board of Certification, Inc. for Athletic Trainers and the Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy. Attendees will be made aware of any affiliation or relevant financial interest that may affect the development, management, presentation or evaluation of the CE activity and will be printed in the final program and projected in slide format before each presentation. Individuals who refuse to disclose relevant financial relationships will be disqualified from being a contributor, and cannot have control of, or responsibility for, the development, management, presentation or evaluation of the CE activity.